PDA

View Full Version : New Guy From North Augusta, SC

stokescd
01-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Just bought a 2006 3500 Ram Mega Cab. Completly stock. Would love to make improvements in mileage and power (love power) along with a few toys. Came here to get advice from the pros (actual users) and see if I can find people in my area to meet and talk truck. This is my first diesel so I am completly new to this. Any suggestions on where to start?

stodg73
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Welcome to The Diesel Truck Site!

Thanks for joining our growing community.

Here are a few reads that will start you on the process of making the power and mileage that you want:
Gauge Information (http://www.dieseltrucksite.com/showthread.php?t=29)
Better Mileage (http://www.dieseltrucksite.com/showthread.php?t=51)

There is a lot of information packed into these articles so have a ready beverage and enjoy.

Post any questions that you have or information that you would like to include.

Again, Welcome to The Diesel Truck Site!!!

MnTom
01-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Welcome!! Glad you joined or little corner of the 'Net! I can't add much to what Stodg73 said. Feel free to jump right in and have a good time here! We will do all we can to help you with your truck!
Tom
I forgot to ask...... Are you enjoying your snow??*lol*

NikkiMn
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Welcome! You are gonna have a lot of fun workin with that truck, just make sure to keep a hold on you wallet... it adds up quick lol

stokescd
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the advice. Been looking at all the stuff on the net since it has been snowing here (sort of uncommon) and can't really go anywhere. City does not have equipment to clear roads. Thought I could just get a programmer and go from there but I see that may not be the best first move. Snow is a neat event but I want to go play with my truck...

stokescd
01-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Snow is cold and makes it so I can't play with my truck!*don'tknow*

stodg43
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the diesel truck site. Just to let you know you can play in the snow with your truck if you can keep the other vehicles out of your way.

Just 8inches here and growing. sure is pretty. so be careful and enjoy!!!!*cheers*

DavidMN
01-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Heck my tires are nearly bald in the back and I'm running around in MN snow. Just have to pick the Hyundai's outta the tread occasionally.

xjrev10
01-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Or kias!

c-power
01-21-2011, 07:51 AM
welcome