The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > General Diesel Forum

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Forum If It Doesn't Fit In The Brand Forums

Old 04-01-2016, 08:38 AM

There might be a benefit using it in weather like you get in the dead of winter or even in Canada's cold winters, verses the winter blends, but I seen not much benefits for 75% of the lower 48 states. They advertise better mpg's and performance in Europe with their blends being about 50 cetane at an average, verses our 40 to 45 cetane here. Guess were back to the EPA and our electronics blessed to us by the Federal Government.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Administrator

One 'problem' I have with all cetane boosters is the advertisement. "Up To 3 Points", "Up To 7 Points" improvement. If it increased the cetane by .001% they met their advertising. If you want to use it look at other containers for the chemical 2-ethylhexyl nitrate. Amsoil says that is what is used so you may find it for substantially less. Yes, I think Amsoil products are over priced.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:05 AM

I'm not an Amsoil promoter or seller. I use their by pass filters because they have the 2 micron rating. I have used their grease on my motorcycles in the past, but never maintained a high quantity at home. I never used their oil since I've had the same concern, when on the road, I don't want to haul gallons, or store gallons at home, I want it easily accessable. I've used Mobil1 for years and never had a complaint, but with the last sample showing 40k and almost out of specs, I desided to use the Rosella T6. Both sold at Wally World throughout the country, and what city doesn't have a Wally World ?

But I chose the cetane booster from them since they has it easy to buy and try ... one time. I did, and found what I wanted to know. I was hoping someone else knew saving me the trouble, but at least it's documented somewhere now for others to ponder over.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln