The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > General Diesel Forum

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Forum If It Doesn't Fit In The Brand Forums

Old 05-20-2015, 03:59 AM

My experiences with oil bath has been positive. As long as you regularly check oil levels. My old boss had them on his trailer and never had a problem. The really like the LED's. The trailer my dad had traded in towards this one had LED's and again never had a problem with them. I like the low power draw.
2000 Regular cab 5 spd, 3.54, Edge JWA, BD 50's, BHAF, DDP Turbo, Colt Cam, Fluidampr, FASS 150, Liberty module, Clutch masters clutch with SB Hydros, Mag-tec diff cover, Pacbrake airbags and EB, Isspro's, Spyntec hub conversion, Holmes push bumper, Galaxy DX959.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Administrator

I like the LEDs because they are brighter and they can be seen from a farther distance away ESPECIALLY in inclement weather. I put a set on my fiver and my son was following me at night. We stopped and I asked him about the lights. His response was "They are almost too bright!". For the oil bath hubs, I can't believe the number of RVrs that don't like them. I wish I had them on my fiver!
How did the winch work for loading cars? Did you pull the first one on and drive the second one on?
Old 05-20-2015, 03:11 PM

I agree with the LED lights. I converted my trucks tail lights to LED and safety wise, it has helped protect by rear. I visit my wife aunt in Fresno each year since her healths isn't doing so good. And that city is known for fog thick enough where you can't see 15 feet infront of you. And there are plenty of accidents where people didn't see the vehicle in front of them. The LED's advertise you are there.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-21-2015, 04:00 AM

We did not load the vehicles yet. This upcoming Sunday we have a show in Green Bay and plan to take the '39 and Motorcycle. The '33 is apart in garage right now. I post up how it went on it's maiden voyage. Between the extra marker lights on my truck and the trailer it surely will not be missed at night.
2000 Regular cab 5 spd, 3.54, Edge JWA, BD 50's, BHAF, DDP Turbo, Colt Cam, Fluidampr, FASS 150, Liberty module, Clutch masters clutch with SB Hydros, Mag-tec diff cover, Pacbrake airbags and EB, Isspro's, Spyntec hub conversion, Holmes push bumper, Galaxy DX959.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABennin View Post
Between the extra marker lights on my truck and the trailer it surely will not be missed at night.
Don't bet on it!! I was driving a dark green cab over semi that I just got done washing pulling a red trailer in the daylight (bright sunshine) with the headlights on. A woman pulled out in front of me causing me to hit the brakes so hard the load of lumber shifted forward. She stopped at a restaurant and I stopped too. I asked her if she had a death wish or something by pulling out like she did. She looked at me and said "Where were you?"
Old 05-22-2015, 04:06 AM

Wow. Oddly enough I have had my share of close encounters driving farm tractors down the road. One that sticks out is a car that went in the ditch. I have chopper box behind me and I quickly pull to middle of road about 300 ft before the intersection because I am making a left turn. I cannot see what is behind me so by pulling the middle hopefully they get the idea I am making a left. Well this woman decided to pass on the left side shoulder right as I turned. She hit the brakes and went in the ditch. I turned and kept going since there was no damage and she could easily drive back on the road. I will post some pictures of the trailer in action on Sunday weather permitting for the car show.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Administrator

It's amazing what some people think they can do to try to get in front of you if they perceive you are going to be slower than they are. I like the ones that follow you for miles and when you need to slow down (stopping for a school bus picking up kids) they need to try and pass you. I had that happen once and a guy in a straight truck wound up stopped beside me in the wrong lane on a two lane road waiting for the bus to go again.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:32 PM

The weather did not look good so I did not go to the show. Dad still went just to go to check out the show. Good thing because around noon it started raining and rained till midnight. When we do load the trailer I will let you guys know.