The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > General Diesel Forum

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Forum If It Doesn't Fit In The Brand Forums

Old 05-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Default So.... Some Parts Came......

FedEx showed up at my house last week with a box of parts for my fifth wheel

I waited until the rains stopped before I started on the suspension upgrade. I knew things were worn a bit, but found out how much after I got the parts out. Here is the equalizer from the right side. You can see how bad the holes were wallowed out and the 'bushings' that were in the spring eyes
I bought this trailer brand new in August of 2005 even though it is a 2006 model so there are about 10 years on it. I used a C clamp to press in the new bronze bushings in the spring eyes, other than that it was a fairly simple job. I was surprised at how much beefier the new parts were compared to the originals. The new shackles were 1/2" thick! Here is what the equalizer looks like installed I am hoping for a bit of a ride improvement.......
Old 05-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Out There, Savin' Lives

I bet that helps the ride quality. They also look very beefy!
O.O., 01.5, Dodge, 2500, High Output (H.O.) Cummins Turbo Diesel (245/505), Quad Cab Long Bed (QCLB), 4x4, Sport, Original Bosch VP 44 Injection Pump, 6 Speed/NV5600 Transmission, 3.55 Gears, 105k, currently stock engine, Fram Air Filter, 285/75R16s, Glow Shift Gauges: Fuel Pressure (FP), Boost, Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), Oil Temperature, SMARTY@1, Airtex lift pump 19 psi @ idle, 14 psi @ WOT, Propane Injection, 2 Stroke Oil, Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Fooler = Better MPG, Bed Lined, Chrome Nerf Bars, more to come!!

Toys:
'79 CJ5, 258ci, 3" lift, 33x12.50x15, Stock Engine and 3 Speed Tranny
'05 Suzuki, GSX1300R, Hayabusa, All Stock, #3('00 blown engine, '00 stolen, & '05)
The complete live & learn and pass it on by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:54 AM

Wow the bushing were completely gone. It must clanged and banged on the bumps. It's nice when the replacements are heavier duty than the original parts.
2000 Regular cab 5 spd, 3.54, Edge JWA, BD 50's, BHAF, DDP Turbo, Colt Cam, Fluidampr, FASS 150, Liberty module, Clutch masters clutch with SB Hydros, Mag-tec diff cover, Pacbrake airbags and EB, Isspro's, Spyntec hub conversion, Holmes push bumper, Galaxy DX959.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Yea, the bushings were done, but what do you expect when they use plastic? That is way cheaper than just about anything else. After all, it is just an RV. They want to make them as cheap as possible. Far as I know there wasn't any clunking that I heard.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:54 AM

I would have thought they would have used bronze bushing instead of plastic. But like you said they want to cut corners and save money. I like the new ones better now you can grease them and it has the rubber in the pivot too. That should last longer. Have a good Memorial weekend.
2000 Regular cab 5 spd, 3.54, Edge JWA, BD 50's, BHAF, DDP Turbo, Colt Cam, Fluidampr, FASS 150, Liberty module, Clutch masters clutch with SB Hydros, Mag-tec diff cover, Pacbrake airbags and EB, Isspro's, Spyntec hub conversion, Holmes push bumper, Galaxy DX959.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:21 AM
Administrator

I am hoping they last longer! I hope to see a difference in the ride quality too, but we shall see....
You guys and gals have a safe weekend too!
Old 10-18-2015, 10:50 AM

Hey Tom, long time no talk! How have things been?
Did you make it to the Andover area this summer?

Are those Mor/ryde equalizers? I'm looking at upgrading the originals on our new to us 5th wheel over the winter and am looking at the Mor/rydes. How would you rate them after running them for a season?
Old 10-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Hey JR! Believe it or not I did make it there once this past summer. Even ate at the Covered Bridge again!! Glad you decided to join us!