The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > General Diesel Forum

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Forum If It Doesn't Fit In The Brand Forums

Old 09-25-2015, 07:42 AM
Administrator

That is pretty expensive for the bulbs. I would have a hard time with that too.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:13 PM

Everyone I've seen guarantees theirs for a year and then your out to the wind. With these, as long as it wasn't messed up by and accident or such, they will replace. I figure if I went to them, I was going to stay with them. So cost up front instead of later. I want brighter lights, but I just couldn't go with the HID's, never had a good feeling with them.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Well, just make sure you tell us how they are!
Old 09-28-2015, 07:40 AM

Got to keep a promise to the wife 1st, then it looks like I'll order.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoldbiker View Post
Got to keep a promise to the wife 1st, then it looks like I'll order.
That would be a wise thing to do!
Old 09-29-2015, 10:55 AM

Bit the bullet and just ordered for my Dodge. Bought the 70w version. What wasn't mentioned was there is a need for the Anti Flickering Devices ($20.00) as an additional option that is needed. Don't need it for the others, but the H13 do.

Still bothers me spending a grand total of $286.06 for all plus shipping for headlights. At those prices, they could have given free shipping and saved the customer the $17.06 UPS ground cost. At least it 'might have felt better'. Will let you know if it's worth it or not.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Do they come with new housings?
Old 09-30-2015, 03:01 AM

At this price, they should come with a house, car and staff. But no, they are the light kit for both headlights and he anti-flickering devices plus shipping.

High in price, but from what I've read, the others on eBay and amazon are lower, about 1/2 the price and only warranted for a year.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-04-2015, 03:51 PM

Got the LifetimeLEDs last friday, but the weather has been colder and wet so didn't get them on till today. Putting them on was like putting on other headlights, just extra parts that you need to play with.

The reason I picked these, I have been considering them for a long time, and since I intend to have them for the life of the truck, The cost is high up front, but lifetime guarantee. The others are cheaper, but with a 1 year warrantee. So if there are issues, another $100 plus shipping again and again. Hopefully, these won't be an issue, but are covered as long as I own the truck.

If you put the hardware inside as you should, I seen an issue with placement. So I used 3M double sided tape and attached them to the headlights itself. Then, if a need to remove them in the future, all I need is a piece of fishing line to remove the tape.

Like an old man, I forgot to photograph the difference with them and the old. But when testing them before instilling each unit, the wife was saying they seemed twice brighter and whiter than the one year old Sylvania Ultras I removed. The older lights seemed yellow to me.

The big test is the cross country run I usually take when we visit the grandkids. Going through the desert in New Mexico and Arizona will confirm if these are what I've been wanting.

Uploading the pictures didn't work right, so attached them below. Sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lifetimeled parts for '06 Dodge Ram.jpg (68.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg hardware placement.jpg (47.1 KB, 5 views)

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Administrator

SO, they seemed brighter? Have you tried them after the sun goes down?