The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > General Diesel Forum

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Forum If It Doesn't Fit In The Brand Forums

Old 09-30-2015, 12:45 PM

Default Have you bought from BrakePerformance.com ?

It's coming that time soon and I need to install brakes on the Dodge. Usually I run down to NAPA and and through them on. But this time I was thinking of trying something else.

I've read some on a company called BrakePreformance.com. ( http://brakeperformance.com )

They have their semi metallic premium pads for the front and rear going for $113.00, no tax and free shipping (4 days to my home).

Has anyone here bought from them ?
If yes, what can you say about them ?
Performance, mileage from them, dealing with the company ?

My local NAPA is sort of close and $40.00 more. Need to do sort of soon, but can wait for UPS to deliver.

Thanks

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Administrator

I have not heard of them until now, but looking at their website they don't look like some 'fly by night' companies meaning the site seems well constructed and easy to navigate. The prices seem to be in line with what you would expect too. I guess I would try them.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:46 AM

I was hoping someone on here had some experience with them and could give me a positive or negative response. I found in other sites some responses, and read the so call website customers comments (can you really trust those ?).

But I always believed you can make the vehicle pretty, fast, extremely custom with accessories, but wheels and brakes are the most important since they keep you off the ground and going in the direction you want ... safely. All the rest aids in keeping it moving. Never had any issues with NAPA breaks, but always try to have an open mind on other products if I can save some cash. (yes, I'm cheap if I can be)

Waiting for my headlights, and then need to decide this for the next garage project. I have time to see if anyone will comment.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-09-2015, 08:17 PM

Guess it doesn't matter anymore. Before each winter, when I rotate tires, clean the insides of the rims and treat the inner tires, and check the brakes. Didn't like what I was seeing, not that they were that bad, but ended up going to Napa and I guess I'll check these people out the next time I need brakes.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Administrator

NAPA usually has OK prices for brakes. Last ones I got were not from them (someone else picked them up) and they are the same brakes used on the 7500lb gvw trucks. They are also the same brakes that fit the one ton Chevy trucks too.