The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > General Diesel Forum

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Forum If It Doesn't Fit In The Brand Forums

Old 10-31-2016, 07:59 AM

Default Looking For Advice Again

Thank you for all your welcome posts guys, really glad I've found your forum. The mod bug got me again and within the last two weeks I've switched all the interior bulbs to LEDs, installed new headlights with smoked lenses, and added a set of dark-smoke in-channel window deflectors to it. As you might have already noticed, I'm slowly but surely keep making this truck truly my own.

Next week, I'm planning to add front and rear fender flares. Considered Bushwackers as the only possible option to go with for a really long time. Yet just before making the purchase, I've decided to browse the web and found a wide selection of fender flares in different styles. Which ones do you guys think will suit my truck the best? I'm also a little bit nervous about the future installation, hope you guys can help me on that with some useful tips. Thank you.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:24 AM

My opinion is, I don't like fender flares.
Now if you're running wheel spacers or have wide tires so you're slinging crap everywhere, that's different.
From what I know of them, you want to seal the area between the flare and fender. Otherwise it'll rust out.
Also I would go with the bolt on look, if I had to pick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/174421.png
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/420711.png
Old 10-31-2016, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Flares look good sometimes...... Like 70jasper said, if they are needed then it is fine, but in MY opinion, they look foolish with stock tires. Far as sealing between them and the body, don't use silicone caulk. Once that stuff is on there nothing not even more silicone will stick to it. Go to a place that sells auto body supplies and get what they recommend. BTW, the ones that look like they are bolted on do look better!