The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Old 08-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Administrator

I was told the converter shipped today, so that means Thursday should be the day...........
Old 08-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Just got a call. My converter is in!! Now for the 5+ hour round trip........
Old 08-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Default On The Road Again

I got my truck done!! I just got back from a test drive and it felt GREAT!! This time it was $1199.40. Now to see if I can get anything out of the first shop to help pay for this.....
Old 09-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Ram Boyz

Send a message via MSN to CSnyder

Tom, since direction has changed at Goerend's to supplying parts versus building complete trans the process has changed a ton on warranty work. There is only one person doing that work regular and they do orders as they are received now. I can say Dave personally has been working weekends to keep the flow moving there. Customer service is still just as top notch as always but they are busier now as suppliers than they ever were. Glad you got it back up and going though and hopefully get some resolve from the piss poor last mechanic.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Yea, I hope to get some relief from the previous guy too..... From my perspective the customer service was way better before. If I called before I could speak to Dave and get questions answered, but now it is difficult to even talk to him. I am not putting them down, they are a premier transmission company, but I wish they still built them.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Well, it looks like the shop that screwed up my tranny is going to cut me a check. Time will tell...
Old 09-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Ram Boyz

Send a message via MSN to CSnyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
Yea, I hope to get some relief from the previous guy too..... From my perspective the customer service was way better before. If I called before I could speak to Dave and get questions answered, but now it is difficult to even talk to him. I am not putting them down, they are a premier transmission company, but I wish they still built them.
Dave has a personal line for dealers only now. Too many people calling and wasting hours upon hours of his time...time needed to help dealers and fix stuff like yours. Goerend transmissions are still being built everyday. Just not by the guys in St Lucas. Im an authorized builder if you ever need one done. We build them just like Dave. There are a few people there yet to answer tech questions if you have any. If you ever get near the area you definitely need to swing in and see the new Goerend operation. Its state of the art and millions of dollars in product development tooling. Its awesome watching billet parts being cut by robots! Glad to hear you are getting some coin back!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Administrator

While I understand the wasting of time, the way things are now you don't get the "warm fuzzy" feeling that there used to be. Maybe the change was good for Goerends, the feeling I get is that me as a customer just doesn't seem quite as important as before. Also, I spoke to Jeff when I was on my way home with the transmission and asked him if he could provide a statement as to what they found on my converter, what they did to repair it, and what the cause of the damage. I also asked him to mention something about grinding the steels in case I needed it to fight the previous 'builder'. His response was "Sure, No problem". Here it is 10 days later and I have heard nothing. That really makes me feel good about customer service.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Administrator

I got an e-mail from the other 'builder". He says he credited my card for the amount we agreed to. I am going to wait until I see the refund on a statement before I say it is a done deal, but so far he has been honest with me.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Administrator

I got my refund, so this matter is resolved. So total my transmission cost me to get rebuilt is about $2,000 plus my labor, plus two trips to the shop I used here, and plus the 16 quarts of ATF+4.