The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself Say Hi

Old 02-09-2015, 06:37 PM

Default New guy from WI.

Hello, My name is Andy from Sheboygan, WI. Found this site through Mopar1973mans site and like the "smaller community" forums. I work at a factory assembling backhoes and drive 2000 CTD and my daily driver is a '87 D150 with a slant 6 with a 4 speed.
Bought my first diesel in 2004, it was a '91.5 W350 CTD SRW with a 5 speed. I should have held onto it. It was light spectrum blue metallic, I love that color on a first gen.
My current project with the 2000 I am entertaining at the moment is removing the center console permanently and building one to replace it with room for CB, gauges, Air bag inflation system and various switches. Already have the console removed and going to make a cardboard mockup and go from there. I'll probably start a thread if there is interest....Enough rambling, just wanted to say hello and look forward to being part of the site.
2000 Regular cab 5 spd, 3.54, Edge JWA, BD 50's, BHAF, DDP Turbo, Colt Cam, Fluidampr, FASS 150, Liberty module, Clutch masters clutch with SB Hydros, Mag-tec diff cover, Pacbrake airbags and EB, Isspro's, Spyntec hub conversion, Holmes push bumper, Galaxy DX959.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Out There, Savin' Lives

Welcome! Pull up a chair, grab your favorite beverage and post away!
O.O., 01.5, Dodge, 2500, High Output (H.O.) Cummins Turbo Diesel (245/505), Quad Cab Long Bed (QCLB), 4x4, Sport, Original Bosch VP 44 Injection Pump, 6 Speed/NV5600 Transmission, 3.55 Gears, 105k, currently stock engine, Fram Air Filter, 285/75R16s, Glow Shift Gauges: Fuel Pressure (FP), Boost, Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), Oil Temperature, SMARTY@1, Airtex lift pump 19 psi @ idle, 14 psi @ WOT, Propane Injection, 2 Stroke Oil, Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Fooler = Better MPG, Bed Lined, Chrome Nerf Bars, more to come!!

Toys:
'79 CJ5, 258ci, 3" lift, 33x12.50x15, Stock Engine and 3 Speed Tranny
'05 Suzuki, GSX1300R, Hayabusa, All Stock, #3('00 blown engine, '00 stolen, & '05)
The complete live & learn and pass it on by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Welcome, Andy! You may be 'new' here, but you have been around for a while! Anyhow, by all means start a thread about your center console! That sounds like a great idea and I would like to 'watch' the progress.
Tom
Old 02-10-2015, 04:50 AM

Thank you for the welcome guys. I will be starting a thread. I am not sold on this idea yet, going to make a cardboard mockup and I will take some pictures for a thread this weekend.
2000 Regular cab 5 spd, 3.54, Edge JWA, BD 50's, BHAF, DDP Turbo, Colt Cam, Fluidampr, FASS 150, Liberty module, Clutch masters clutch with SB Hydros, Mag-tec diff cover, Pacbrake airbags and EB, Isspro's, Spyntec hub conversion, Holmes push bumper, Galaxy DX959.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:07 PM

Count me in on this one. I knew an old man when I was a kid that made one our of pecan for his Ferd 1/2 ton. Look like furniture, and have always wanted to make one, but never had the time, money and energy to do it. Plus, I like working with wood, and made mounds and mounds of sawdust between each finish project. (Plenty of mistakes on the way and must have killed a forest or two).

Please make sure there plenty of picture with the write up.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-10-2015, 06:53 PM

I charged the camera and will be taking some for sure. I will be making a thread here and on Mopar1973mans. Plan to start Saturday after work(yay for overtime, it finances these little projects). Thinking it will be made out of wood and maybe covered with fabric matching the interior right now. Also floating the idea about a painted steel plate where all the switch's and stuff mounts and making it detachable from the console to work on stuff inside.