The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > For Sale > For Sale

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

For Sale Sell Your Stuff Here

Old 03-24-2015, 08:49 AM

Default 2003 VW Jetta TDI

Wife finally got done looking and found her next ride............a 2014 VW Jetta TDI to replace her 03.

Will get Pics of the 03 when we get it cleaned up a bit.

271K miles, 100% totally stock always has been, wife wouldn't let me touch it lol.

Has an aluminum Panzer plate skid plate and TDI heater.

Moon roof works and doesn't and never has leaked, has been stored inside for last 10 years since I have owned it.
AC works.
5 speed manual. OEM clutch getting towards top of pedal travel but still works and doesn't slip.

Both Timing belt replacements have been performed at Valley Imports in Fargo ND.

Absolutely nothing done to it in 10 years of ownership except basic maintenance. Just replaced rear brake pads rotors and one parking brake cable. Front brakes done about a year ago.
New battery this winter.

No rust, body straight, midnight blue, has 271K worth of scratches and interior is a bit dirty but no tears in cloth seats.

Basic interior, factory AM/FM CD, manual cloth seats, power windows and locks, AC cruise and moon roof, heated power mirrors.

Only thing broke is the center arm rest lid hinge.

Has had Amsoil run in the engine since I first bought it at 30K miles.

Hands down this is a rock solid car yet, body is still tight as new, no creaks groans or rattles.

Has 2 new snow tires on it and will need a new set of tires.

Last timing belt done at 210K so this one is good for another 50K or so. They recommend 120K miles on TB changes but I always do them about 10K early.
I have one extra steel wheel that will go with along with the full sized spare that VW has and still does supply, I ran snow tires on a spare set of wheels.
Grill has a crack from a pheasant last year and windshield has a couple bulls eyes but no runner cracks.

$3500

7 zero 1- five 2 seven - six 9 three 3

Bill

Located in the Bismarck ND area. Since the wife has a new ride I will be driving the 03 as a dd'er for work until it is sold so miles will continue to increase as there is nothing wrong with the car so will still be earning its keep as long as I own it lol.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Administrator

I could have sod you a 2012 Jetta TDI! They are good cars. My son and daughter plus my wife drive VW TDIs and they get as good or better mileage as a hybrid!!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:56 AM

We were looking for something new enough to have factory warranty yet but this one was too good a deal to turn down, Not going to stop me from trying to get warranty work if the need arises, just got to check and see if the actual VW dealer has a good VIN# tracking system, if they don't catch it better for us. I called the dealer to ask about warranty and they said factory warranty is voided on vehicles like this, but I will still try, if they don't know I won't tell.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:35 AM

Here is a link to the add.
http://www.bismanonline.com/2003_vol...diesel_5_speed

Old 04-16-2015, 09:39 PM

Car has found a new home, got what I was hoping for, only up on the local classified site for 5 days. Bismanonline.com has been awesome for me over the years for both finding and selling.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Good deal! Nice when a plan comes together!!
Old 04-18-2015, 02:15 PM

Had a nice surprise this morning, guy who bought it called me and thanked me for the great car, he was apprehensive since it has 271K miles on it but after he and his wife have been driving it for a day and a half were very impressed with how nice of shape it was in and wanted to thank me for how well maintained I kept it over the years.
Never had anyone call me to tell me how much they liked a car after I sold it, usually want to change your phone # as they most likely want to complain about something.