The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Chevrolet & GMC Duramax Forum

Chevrolet & GMC Duramax Forum Chevrolet & GMC Duramax Forum

Old 06-10-2015, 06:11 PM

Default Tcm help

2003 duramax lb7 edge evolution cts 4" exhaust are the only mods on the truck

So today I was driving my truck down the highway, I was hauling ### racing a Trans am when my truck shifted down a gear and was stuck in that gear. I pulled off and read the code on my tuner, it said it was the Tcm (transmission control module) I stopped by auto zone to see if they have them and how much they would be just in case I needed one asap, when I went back to my truck abs started it, the check engine light went away and it then shifted perfectly normal. I stopped to get fuel and the rest of the way home it still acted as if nothing happened. I'm just wondering if maybe it over heated kr what's going on. I don't have a warranty from the dealer that covers this that I know of and my truck is at 14x,xxx miles. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Administrator

First of all, WELCOME Tom! The first thing I would do is scan the computer for any possible code. It is possible even though the light is out there is at least one code stored. There is also a possibility that a plug either on the TCM or the transmission or anywhere in between may be slightly loose and caused your problem. The bad thing about that is you may go for a day, month, or years without it doing it again. I don't suppose you could replicate the problem and scan it when it is acting up?