The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > General Diesel Forum

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Forum If It Doesn't Fit In The Brand Forums

Old 01-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Well, if you need the can-bus harness I see they are only $20 for a pair. I am not an electronics expert by any means, but I don't understand how the harness would keep you from having to tap on the housing to make it come on.
I also read where the 9004 bulbs are sold in pairs, but they are $149. I haven't figured out if that is for the pair or just one. Which bulbs do your truck take, Jim?
Old 01-05-2016, 09:00 PM

Well I just got another email from them saying the can-bus harness is suppose to stop this, but they are getting another style with different electronics and I guess is for this service. So when they get them, I should get them soon after. Seems when re reading the other email, they must of send it off before finishing it. I agree, tapping on the outer housing to correct the problem doesn't seem like a can-bus issue. And it's a light tap at that.

The bulbs I have are H13, or I think also called 9008. And LifetimeLED has two types, the $149 and the $249 units. I bought the brighter units. If your going to do it, I figure just do it.

So I must apoligize and retrack what I was saying before and give them a chance to make good. So far they haven't turn their back to me, and I did say they moved cross country, so it would take a bit longer. I'll give them that. When I moved cross country, it took me a day off when I got here before I started unloading.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Time will tell as to how they handle things, but so far it sounds like they are trying to help.

Far as the cost, I have a hard time with that, but I am cheap........
Old 01-29-2016, 08:30 PM

Well, day before last the can buss came UPS. Seems because of the recent weather they were backed up. I looked the delivery tracking over and the buss were in Kansas City for just over 3 days. But I got them installed yesterday.

The can buses I received were the same as the ones that gave me trouble. But after changing them, I didn't have an issue I was having. I was going to take the truck out last night, but got hung up in the Republican Debate. So tonight we went out.

Here are what pictures I could take.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg low beam on wall.jpg (84.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg head on low - light level.jpg (86.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg head on low.jpg (91.7 KB, 3 views)

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-29-2016, 08:39 PM

Here are the ones I could take on the local highway.

Now I have to mention I live in Tennessee and if you look at the local lay of the land, the only flat land is what you would level yourself. I'll have to get out of the area on a trip to see what they'll do on more flat land.

They do go out futher than the Sylvania Ultras I had before that were about a year old. But not my much. But they were white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg local hwy 1.jpg (96.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg local hwy 2.jpg (99.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg local hwy 3.jpg (95.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg local hwy 4.jpg (98.7 KB, 5 views)

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 PM

This is locally to my home.

I'm happier with them than the others and I am considering getting them for my wife truck. But I won't decide until I come back from my trip to see the grandkids to see what they do on open flat land, like in Arizonia going to Flagstaff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg country 1.jpg (98.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg country 2.jpg (94.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg country 3.jpg (104.0 KB, 6 views)

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-30-2016, 09:53 AM
Administrator

They look to be better than what I thought they were going to be. I am impressed. Amazing how much the technology has improved them!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Administrator

So, now that you have had then for a while, what are your overall thoughts on these lights?
Old 02-25-2016, 09:37 AM

I am happy with them.

But as I mentioned, I'd like to see what they do in a "wide" open area, which I really don't have here. I'll know next month.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-13-2016, 03:38 PM

Had a chance to see what they can do in the Arizonia desert as I wanted to test. The lights were bright white near the truck. And for a time it didn't seem like they shined the same as the standard lights. Then I noticed when there was a reflective sign way in the distance, it was well past the usual vision I had all the prior trips before, I've done this trip many many times. They spread out futher to the side than the stock lights. If the lane was dark, which absorb light, it was some what the same, but the white lines and the reflective sitckers they inlay between the white line was noticable for as far as I could see. Only time they didn't show was when the lay of the land went in to a valley of sort in front of me.

In all I'm very please with them. I almost for got to mention I was concern with the possible reflection back with the white light in fog. There was a lot of fog on and off due to the weather and the moisture. But the reflection wasn't bad at all. My wife has somewhat poor night vision and when she was watching the road during the trip, she wants them on her truck. She says she could see way better than the normal light she has now.

I still have a problem with any new after market lighting. A person can get these and pay $249 for a set, they are rated as 75w. And the company I bought them from guarantees them for life. Now this is if they stay in business for many many years.

And if you buy them from another company, you can get them a little cheaper, but they only guarantee them for 1 year, and from what I see, rated slightly less in watts.

Which way do you turn ?

~ Abraham Lincoln