The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Old 10-31-2015, 02:37 AM

No problem ABennin. Seems that these are a dealer item, since a phone call to a couple of stores said they didn't carry them and they needed to special order the hose, but would have to get longer then I need and the price would be higher. So I guess a trip to the dealer will be soon.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-31-2015, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Is it possible that all you need to do is tighten the clamps?
Old 10-31-2015, 10:13 AM

WhenI first bought the truck, I found a slight leak and checked the stainless steel screw clamps. They actually sent the truck out without the clamps screw snug. I brought them up trying not to over tighten them. I checked them when I noticed what looks like moisture this time. Gone about 9+ years on the old hoses.

Been trying to research the web of others with this problem and as mentioend by ABennin, they have a new kit out, silicone based hose and what I call the old style hose clamps. These have fixed this issue for some time now from what I've been reading.

I was just lucky getting this much time out of it. Just wished they fixed this before I bought it. Would save me time, money and the hassle. It's tight for me to get into that area. I was considering seeing if I could wait long enough for my trip to see the grandkids. My youngest is tall, lanky and wiry and gets into those areas easily.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-03-2015, 05:22 AM

Ordered the hose and clamps yesterday from the local dealer. They should be in today in the afternoon. But it looks like this is the last time I go to them for anything. The owner retired and sold the business. He was a nice old man and dealt in the old fashion way. He wanted to have his son take over the business, but the kid wanted to do something else.

The new owner hasn't change much yet per the employees I know. The one thing he did do was increase the amount of vehicles on the lot. There is a single line for people to drive in for repairs, new/used vehicles, get to the shops and the parts department. One entrance and blocked off the other four. There is almost no room to drive a vehicle in to get where you need to go. And the lot is so big, it a pain in this weather to walk through it. One elderly lady blocked the driveway so the service manager can get it for her service needs. She was to scared to navigate it and thought she would hit another car. There are hundreds more vehicles than ever before. And this one lane for both in and out traffic. I wonder if they needed an EMT unit, if they can get in to save someone or have to move the person to the outside to transport safely. It's just to tight.

To get to the parts department, my wifes Nissan made it, but I really don't think my Dodge would make it, so I'll be driving to the next town for dealer parts from now on.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-03-2015, 06:02 AM

I hope they did not charge you a lot more than what I found. I am a amazon prime and long time Ebay member. I look up parts at those two places because it is convenient since I have the accounts and it is usually cheaper than the dealer. Sorry for the mislead in pricing.

The dodge dealers around here are just like the one you visited. The lot is crammed and no room to navigate. I don't why they keep so much inventory. They have closed a lot of dealerships around here during the recession some are used car dealers others sit empty or another business moved in. It was mainly the smaller ones that where nicer to do business with.
2000 Regular cab 5 spd, 3.54, Edge JWA, BD 50's, BHAF, DDP Turbo, Colt Cam, Fluidampr, FASS 150, Liberty module, Clutch masters clutch with SB Hydros, Mag-tec diff cover, Pacbrake airbags and EB, Isspro's, Spyntec hub conversion, Holmes push bumper, Galaxy DX959.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Administrator

It really bothers me as to why any dealer would treat people the way they do. After having my mane on two titles in two months at a local (not Dodge) dealer the sales manager told me he did not care even if the used car broke in two as soon as I hit the street amongst quite a few other issues I now take my car to another dealer 2 1/2 hours away from me.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:11 AM

Got my parts:
(1) 5179114AB Hose $20.20 total $ 20.20
(2) 5179115AA Clamp $4.25 total $ 8.50
Sales Tax $ 2.66
Grand Total $ 31.36

Over priced for the clamps, I though they should be made of presious metals instead of what they are. But for the hose, about 4" in length, it seems expensive. But since I can only get it 'per foot' froms others, and I paid no shipping charges and/or special handling charges of others, I can't complain (to much). But I feel since Dodge learn of this early on, I feel they should of sent owners notice and/or replacement parts at cost, if nothing else. (But then I'm happy when someone else buys the coffee)

Now, when I was in Nam in my early 20's, I screwed my foot up and it's swells up every now and then. When it reduces in size and I can stand on it again, I will look when best to change it out.

At this rate, I'll have a new truck ... shocks, brakes, fluids, filters, tires, LED headlights and now this .... been a costly two month.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Administrator

That must be some special hose to be $60.60 PER FOOT! Couldn't you reuse your existing clamps? Either way, they sure are proud of their parts!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:24 AM

I agree with the price. But I didn't see where I could use the rest of the hose in a straight run. (and I have a pile of 'extra' stuff that will sits there until someone will part the red sea again) The rest of the same size hose is in a preformed design and they are in good condition so far. And if I got over 9 years out of the wrong material, how long will to right material last ?

I guess I could have used the same clamps, but I have been sort of known to over tighten them now and then, but this was unintentionally. Normally, people use them instead of the old style clamps, but in time, I've learned to keep or revert back to the old squeeze clamp designed ones. They became my preference. That is as long as I can get to them. If the room is to tight, I screw clamp them then.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-11-2015, 08:08 PM

Hello

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk