The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Old 11-11-2015, 08:10 PM

I'm new to the car hauling I have a 2014 ram 3500, with a 3 car set up. I need to know the best place to get clients and build my business. Any suggestions..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Administrator

We can't help you there, but welcome. If you have issues/problems with your truck then we can assist you. I suggest you try to find a broker or two and set something up with them. I also suggest that you start your own thread too.
Tom
Old 11-11-2015, 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=dirtybirddd89;10602]I'm new to the car hauling I have a 2014 ram 3500, with a 3 car set up. I need to know the best place to get clients and build my business. Any suggestions..?

I don't really know, but I would suggest checking with the local car dealerships first, since they tend to move vehicles from dealership to dealership and to auction and such. That can be a start. Then check the internet. Might even get a webpage at one of those cheap webmakers and see if something comes up from people searching to move show cars / trucks.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-11-2015, 08:39 PM

I looked over the web for others that have changed these hoses and a couple said it was fast and easy. One did it in an hour. I'd lie to see that. Just came in from finishing mine. Don't know the total hours, but it was more than one. I have found hard to get to bolts, nuts and parts, but this takes the cake.

Naturally you need to get all the unwanted parts out of the way, the air cleaner, my hoses for the oil bypass unit, eventually the oil filter I also pull the petty stuff associated with them. Then the parts for the little bitty hose began. Most nuts must have been tack welded when assembled in the factory. They couldn't have picked the worst place to run the pipe, between the exhaust manifold and the block. The fittings were h#ll to get out and put in. But finally got it done.

What I did find out, the hose could have been one of the new ones, it didn't look like the old normal hoses used before. But the hose had a crack on the firewall end going in about 3/4" and the coolant was seeping from there. The clamp seemed to have kept it a small drip all this time. The inside of the crack was filthy so it had to have been there from either first installed or soon after.

I pray this never happens again. I'm to old for this contortionist twisting of the old body. Tomorrow I guess I'll do the coolant flush early and just get it done.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-12-2015, 12:39 AM

Thanks for the help guys, I'll take the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2015, 06:02 AM

Glad you got it changed out. With a tear that long I am surprised it was leaking more. It seems when I do work on vehicles on things I have never done before. I figure it will take me twice as long as what others do. I would rather take my time and make sure I have done everything right then rush and miss something important.
2000 Regular cab 5 spd, 3.54, Edge JWA, BD 50's, BHAF, DDP Turbo, Colt Cam, Fluidampr, FASS 150, Liberty module, Clutch masters clutch with SB Hydros, Mag-tec diff cover, Pacbrake airbags and EB, Isspro's, Spyntec hub conversion, Holmes push bumper, Galaxy DX959.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:32 AM

I was supprised the tear found. Especially since I could have possibility been running it for a very long time. But since I've been retired, I now have the time to walk away from it and then go back with a fresh outlook. When I was younger, I was always time limited between work, family business and whatever, so I would screw up now and again. This should be a one time fix, (I hope).

But from the way it was designed, I believe in the old saying my grandfather say,
"I you want it right, let nature handle it and it will develop into the best. If you want it screwed up, give it to an engineer."
With all the room in there, the line had many different ways to travel .. and when needed ease of repair.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-12-2015, 09:58 AM
Administrator

It seems like engineers and designers don't give much thought to repairs. Glad you fixed it, Jim!
Old 11-13-2015, 04:33 PM

Well, the fat lady didn't sing, so I guess it isn't over yet. I took it out today for a short run to see if there was air in the coolant system from the refill. Like a fool I drop in a new thermostat from O'Reilly's. The temp leveled out at 188, then shot to 201, back to 192 and so on and so on. While out, I found an actual Cummins thermostat and need to swap it out when the coolant temp gets cool. (I should have listen to see is the opera singer was singing before I considered it done.)

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Just be glad you don't have the temperature fluctuations of a 12 valve! I would be happy to see temps that warm!