The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Ford Powerstroke Forum

Ford Powerstroke Forum Ford Powerstroke Forum

Old 12-16-2015, 06:18 AM

Default The 2017 Super Duty ... Already ?

Interesting clip about the 2017 Super Duty
But at this rate, will they introduce the 2020 model next year ?

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-16-2015, 08:49 AM
Administrator

The first thing that sands out to me is the guy talking about the truck. He NEEDS to quit raising his voice as he talks. He sounds like he is posing a lot of questions. That type of enunciation drives me up a wall.
It must be a marketing ploy so that they can say "We did it first!". Personally, I don't care for the looks of the front end. The grill and head lights just don't do it for me. I would expect they don't want to give any numbers so that the consumer can get exited with the anticipation of what kind of power and towing.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:25 AM

Marketing Ploys ... I agree, like the Oxy Clean commercials and pimple extractors commercials that they seem to raise the volume and are always screaming at you. With most of them I would like to reach into the TV and choke them to shut them up. Thank God for the mute button on the controller.

But I must of missed something. I know they have the 2015 on sale now, and the 2016's on the lot. But advertising for the 2017 already ? I must be slow or missing something here. Also, 6 cameras on a truck to assist the driver ? What happen to the driver looking through his mirrors or turning their heads ? Are we that lazy ? And I agree with many on the headlights looks. Who ever designed them should be fired. I'm having a hard time liking the designs of vehicles now days.

They are improving them by using corrosion resistant body panels, lessing the weight and such. They are adding many great features for the interiors. But are they making the customers extremely lazy and somewhat dangerous while driving where they depend on all these extra gadgets added ? Taking on the cell over the radio ? The vehicle braking before the accident instead of the driver ? So it's ok to talk over the phone instead of paying full attention to the road conditions and let the vehicle stop when it wants instead of you ? What happens if it screws up and either activates before it's needed or never activates at all ? I'm wondering about the way it's headed.

They say Google wants a driverless car out soon. But it was documented this vehicle already had an accident reported. And they want you to buy one ?

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Administrator

You are looking at the "Dumbing Down" of vehicles. They claim to be doing it in the name of safety. Automatic braking, auto head lights, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, etc are all so that we as a collective society can play on the phone and surf the internet while "driving" in my opinion. anything so that we don't NEED to pay attention.

Far as the autonomous cars, they do have a slightly higher crash rate than "driver equipped" cars, but not by much. http://www.govtech.com/fs/First-Driv...s-Serious.html
Old 12-18-2015, 10:43 AM

Agree with ya. I heard some young-in's not very long ago wanting these cars. Seems, as they said, We Could Party More If We Had One. Entitled ?

I guess I'm very old fashion. I feel someone should be in control of the car, truck, bus and expecially planes.

I wonder, if they sell these cars, and an accident happens between two of them, who would be at fault ?
The owners ?
Manufactures ?
Dealerships who sells them ?
The elected officials who pass the laws allowing them to be on the road ?
Or ... No One ... since No One was driving ?
Bet the lawyers are waiting for this to happen.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Administrator

It would probably be like the way the State of Minnesota is. In most crashes if there is no one clearly at fault then it is your insurance takes care of yours and mine takes care of mine. Then later on the two insurance companies fight it out.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:01 PM

Seen this and had to show.
Would be nice if they ran it.

http://dragonlaffs.files.wordpress.c...if?w=882&h=632

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-03-2016, 07:40 AM

I happen to think, however that the 2017 Superduty is by far the best looking truck since the 05-07 trucks in every way.

It is definitely the best mechanically in the market.
I do believe best in looks also.

GM is by far the Ugliest truck produced and proven to be the biggest pile of JUNK produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2016, 07:56 AM

I agree, but it would be nice if all of these were made of the 100% aluminum bodies like the F150 are said to be. It would be nice to have a rust free body after 20+ years of ownership.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-03-2016, 08:09 AM

Please don't think that Aluminum will not corrode!
It just will not rust.
Believe me, as long as Salt and Calcium Chloride are being used on snow and ice there will be corrosion!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk