The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Old 02-20-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
I sometimes wish I had 3:73 gears for towing. Sounds like the 3500 is a pure stock truck! What trans shop are you going to? Are you planning to do most of the work yourself? Sounds like you are going to have towing beat when you get done!!
I'm using a local trans shop. I've got parts and help from him before. He's an old school guy and seems to know his stuff. I'm going to let him do everything because of time alone. Hopefully it tows better and is something to play with from time to time when I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoldbiker View Post
Ok guys, I'm a bit slow and thought the HP was more for that year, but after looking at the 03 FSM, it said:
auto / 5 sp mt
235 hp @ 2700 rpm ~ CARB
250 hp @ 2900 rpm ~ 49 States

95ram, please keep us up to date on progress.
Will do. There are also the HO's which are 305hp. I chose the 250 hp built before January 2003 because I could keep my transmission (47RE) and knew the smarty would bring the SO up to HO power. The Smarty adds 30 RWHP to an HO on level 1. On an SO level 1 adds 85 RWHP.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:58 PM

I noticed you said your getting a Touch. I consider the Smarty the best for our trucks, but everyone has their preferences, and that's ok. You can run the SW5 for HP and timing, but have to be easy on the skinny pedal or your trans will eat it. You can run it at SW3 for HP and timing without issue. Even more HP than stock and should get better mpg.

I've been running the S06 PoD on the SW5 and never had an issue, but I do drive like a grandpa anyway. Our trucks cost to much to abuse like I did in my kid days with Mustangs and Firebirds. As soon as I can get the Touch on a pillar attachment I will be putting mine in. I will not have it on the window attachment. I have a Garmin and that attachment drives me nuts with the suction cup falling once in a while and the electrical cable hangs in the way.

If your not on the Smarty sight: http://smartyresource.net/forum/forum.php
You should join and research, lots of info there and SmartyBrian who runs it is great in helping you.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-20-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoldbiker View Post
I noticed you said your getting a Touch. I consider the Smarty the best for our trucks, but everyone has their preferences, and that's ok. You can run the SW5 for HP and timing, but have to be easy on the skinny pedal or your trans will eat it. You can run it at SW3 for HP and timing without issue. Even more HP than stock and should get better mpg.

I've been running the S06 PoD on the SW5 and never had an issue, but I do drive like a grandpa anyway. Our trucks cost to much to abuse like I did in my kid days with Mustangs and Firebirds. As soon as I can get the Touch on a pillar attachment I will be putting mine in. I will not have it on the window attachment. I have a Garmin and that attachment drives me nuts with the suction cup falling once in a while and the electrical cable hangs in the way.

If your not on the Smarty sight: http://smartyresource.net/forum/forum.php
You should join and research, lots of info there and SmartyBrian who runs it is great in helping you.
Once the transmissions get swapped I won't be worried about it. The trans in my 98 is full billet from Goerend and that's what's going into the 03. I do love the smarty. I've had one on my 06 and both of my 01's. I also want to use the pillar mount because I don't like the suction cup mount. Where are you getting it from? I didn't know about the Smarty form. I'll check that out, thank you.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:49 PM

I found the Edge controllers had the same snap in's as the Smarty Touch. Edge has an adapter for the pillar mount: http://edgeproducts.com/products/uni...dapter-A98004/

Mine should arrive Monday. What gets me is the cost, it's $25.00, then the shipping is from $17.50 on up. I took the 2 business day shipping and it was $22.00 more, total of $47.00. But then I didn't want to wait the up to 8 business days I've experienced in the past with UPS ground.

And this info was found on the Smarty site, look in the Touch section at the beggin of the forum. For my year, the Edge Dash Pod http://edgeproducts.com/products/2006-2009-hd-2006-2008-ld-dodge-ram-dash-pod-comes-with-cts-and-cts2-adaptors--A38505/[/url] ) works, but I didn't want to cut my dash cover and double stick to my dash. My dash is perfect and I want to keep it that way.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-23-2016, 07:30 AM

The Edge dash pod like this works pretty well on these trucks, but it's not everyone's cup of tea for sure.

Edge pillar mount is probably the best for Rams, here's how it looks on a newer Ram:
Old 02-23-2016, 07:48 AM

I've been wanting one of these but they are for the 4th gen ONLY, and NO one makes one for the 3rd gen or older. It's a shame .. they are clean, blends in with the interior and looks like it sets where it isn't in the way. I didn't see one in the CARiD webpage, (I looked) is there one for the '06's I missed ?

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-25-2016, 02:31 AM

They do make those for 03-09. Thank you for the pic. That's the mount I wanted and wasn't sure it'd work.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:55 AM

95ram, would you please let us know the website you found the pillar mount at. As for CARiD's picture, they are only for the 2010 - 2015 Dodge, (I just came from there), if you found one for the 3rd gen I very much like to know where.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-25-2016, 11:33 AM

Sorry, this is the one I was thinking of
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (60.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-25-2016, 02:20 PM

And what years does it work with ?
Who makes it ?
I spent the extra for something like that, but can't find one to fit my '06.

~ Abraham Lincoln