The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Old 03-09-2016, 07:50 PM

I have not started that repair yet. I have been busy finishing up a fence re-build, I use my tractor for everything around here and it had a flat. I took it to the tire store and it had a hole in the side wall. It has 7.5L-15 Agg tread 6 ply tube type tires on the front and I have been looking for the same tire only 8 ply tubeless. I figger if I replace tires with tubeless then I can put some Slime in each one and solve the flat tire problem. I also serviced the tractor while thinking about tires, so I have been busy.

I have several up-grades I want to do to my truck but have to complete my other chores first.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerley View Post
I have not started that repair yet. I have been busy finishing up a fence re-build, I use my tractor for everything around here and it had a flat. I took it to the tire store and it had a hole in the side wall. It has 7.5L-15 Agg tread 6 ply tube type tires on the front and I have been looking for the same tire only 8 ply tubeless. I figger if I replace tires with tubeless then I can put some Slime in each one and solve the flat tire problem. I also serviced the tractor while thinking about tires, so I have been busy.

I have several up-grades I want to do to my truck but have to complete my other chores first.
Yea, it sucks when grown-up things get in the way of playing with trucks!! You need to take care of the things that help put food on the table so the truck can wait. Just keep us informed.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:50 AM

The last time I serviced my lil 40 hp Massey, when they handed me the bill for the hydraulic filter and the fluid, I almost loaded my pants and called for the EMTs. Then when I calmed down, I said what the heck let's do it all, get me the other filters and oils .... got the bill and I almost went into a full out cardiac arrest.

I've crossed referenced all of them and feel so much better now.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-13-2016, 04:02 PM

Yah, the Tractor Dealers have a way about them that you never forget. My Hydraulic filter was $46.95 and the oil was $19.95 a gallon. I bought the Kubota filters and bought the oil from Tractor Supply. My Hydraulic holds 14 gal. and the motor holds 2 gal.

Last November I had to pull the fuel tank out to steam clean it, it was full of who knows what and had plugged my fuel supply to the motor. Today's manufacture's build things that are difficult for the average person to repair ourselves.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:14 PM

I'm an old time Harley owner, and know the old saying when walking up to the cashier is: $100 $100 $100

But since I wrote the last insert, I happen to look through the filter companies websites and found instead of having to pay Massey $74 for a hydraulic filter, I can get the same one thought NAPA (a wix filter) for $29. I have one at home now ready for the next oil change. But that hydralic oil, tractor supply is the only place I buy it from now. Massey wants a house payment for it. My tractor only takes 12 gallons.

I feel the pain with you.

2006 Dodge Ram, 2500, Big Horn, 5.9 Cummins, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Filter Kit, Transfer Flow 56 gal tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear, 285 x 70 x 17

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-17-2016, 01:04 PM

I must be losing what mind that I have left,
I use my truck today, figured that since I had no clue what was in my tank that it would be wise to add some. I started pumping and the pump kicked off at five gallons and would hold no more...so apparently I had filled the tank and forgot, which would be why the fuel gage read full, I re-set the odometer and when or if it moves I will know if I am going NUTS or not.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:55 PM

Forget it, we all forget something sooner or later.

It's eaiser to excuse it when your well over 50 though .... by nature, it's a natural excuse.

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-18-2016, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerley View Post
I must be losing what mind that I have left,
I am going NUTS.
Hey, WELCOME to my world!!! The problem is it gets worse as you get older....... (Just ask anoldbiker!!)
Old 03-18-2016, 12:54 PM

Yep ... and what were we talking about ?

~ Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-19-2016, 03:20 PM

Sometimes I get so disgusted with myself. I remember how things used to be, and at seventy yo everything changes so fast. LOL