The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd1980 View Post
Here try these guys they are the cheapest that i have heard of and kool vue is a good brand.
http://www.discountautomirrors.com/c...e)&Ns=price3|0

I have a set of Kool Vue towing mirrors these look and work the same as factory. Mine were just over $200 for the pair from Discount Mirror, Power and Heated. They come with the reinforcement brackets. They fit well and don't vibrate at least in the down position.
The only issue I had was that the studs on the right hand mirror seemed to be about 1/4" too short. I couldn't get the nuts started, the fix was simple, cut some 12 gauge solid wire about a little over 1/4" long. Took the mounting studs out of the mirror inserted the piece of wire and screwed the stud back in and tightened down to the piece of wire. This made the stud stick out about 3/16" to 1/4" longer, just enough to get the nut started.
The nice thing is that the stock mirrors stuck out 12", these in the DOWN position stick out 17" and then 21" when up. My old cheap slip on mirrors only stuck out 17" total, also the mirror head is larger.