The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-13-2012, 12:25 AM
justanothercummins justanothercummins is offline
Another White Cummins
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sauk Centre, MN
Posts: 181
Default

You got them backwards, but you get the idea.

Camber it the way the tread face sits on the road, or the top of the tire tips in and out. Caster is basically how the upper and lower balljoint are in line with eachother, on every vehicle with power steering, the upper balljoint is always more rearward than the lower, where as the old non p/s vehicles were the opposite because they were easier to steer the other way, whereas they handle better the current way
__________________
01 qcsb Cummins 47RE 4x4
Quad ADR, 4" straight pipe, Raptor 150-DSV
2590.8 MM Western Straight Blade
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-13-2012, 07:12 AM
MnTom's Avatar
MnTom MnTom is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near Duluth, Mn
Posts: 4,912
Default

Here is a picture so it is easier to understand:
__________________
1996 RAM "Custom Ground" 100 plate 3/4 forward, 300 injectors, 16.5 timing, Goerends Auto = 365HP, 833TQ Third Gen Rims, Aluminum Headache Rack
Duct Tape can't fix stupid, BUT it can muffle the sound

Last edited by MnTom; 05-13-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Wild and Free's Avatar
Wild and Free Wild and Free is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West of Mandan ND.
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothercummins View Post
You got them backwards, but you get the idea.

Camber it the way the tread face sits on the road, or the top of the tire tips in and out. Caster is basically how the upper and lower balljoint are in line with eachother, on every vehicle with power steering, the upper balljoint is always more rearward than the lower, where as the old non p/s vehicles were the opposite because they were easier to steer the other way, whereas they handle better the current way
Whoops! thnks for the catch.

Tom why can't we go back and edit our past posts? Looks like I can only edit the last post I make.
__________________
10 Ram 1500 Hemi, 05 Cummins, 14 VW Jetta TDI 6 spd, 2011 22' triple tube Bennington pontoon 150 Yamaha 4 stroke, 2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet convertible 3.5 V-6.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-13-2012, 10:18 AM
stodg73's Avatar
stodg73 stodg73 is offline
Out There, Savin' Lives
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern Colorado
Posts: 2,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild and Free View Post
Tom why can't we go back and edit our past posts? Looks like I can only edit the last post I make.
The reason for this is because we had someone in the past edit all their posts to the minimum. There were other migating factors in doing this. So, it was decided to limit the editing time for posts. You can PM one of the Admin in order to change or edit the post with the correct info.

We, the Admin of The Diesel Truck Site, apologize for the inconvienence.
__________________
O.O., 01.5, Dodge, 2500, High Output (H.O.) Cummins Turbo Diesel (245/505), Quad Cab Long Bed (QCLB), 4x4, Sport, Original Bosch VP 44 Injection Pump, 6 Speed/NV5600 Transmission, 3.55 Gears, 105k, currently stock engine, Fram Air Filter, 285/75R16s, Glow Shift Gauges: Fuel Pressure (FP), Boost, Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), Oil Temperature, SMARTY@1, Airtex lift pump 19 psi @ idle, 14 psi @ WOT, Propane Injection, 2 Stroke Oil, Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Fooler = Better MPG, Bed Lined, Chrome Nerf Bars, more to come!!

Toys:
'79 CJ5, 258ci, 3" lift, 33x12.50x15, Stock Engine and 3 Speed Tranny
'05 Suzuki, GSX1300R, Hayabusa, All Stock, #3('00 blown engine, '00 stolen, & '05)
The complete live & learn and pass it on by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Last edited by stodg73; 09-16-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-13-2012, 12:29 PM
MnTom's Avatar
MnTom MnTom is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near Duluth, Mn
Posts: 4,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stodg73 View Post
The reason for this is because we had someone in the past edit all their posts to the minimum. There were other migating factors in doing this. So, it was decided to limit the editing time for posts. You can PM one of the Admin in order to change or edit the post with the correct info.

We, the Admin of The Diesel Truck Site, apologize for the inconvienence.
Geez, that sounds to stuffy!! But, yes there have been "disgruntled" members (not here) that have contributed greatly to a site and at a later date went back and changed everything so that the info was not there anymore. I know it is a pain in the butt, but we saw no other way to prevent that from happening. Like Stodg73 said, just PM either one of us and we can change anything you want (within reason, of course!!).
__________________
1996 RAM "Custom Ground" 100 plate 3/4 forward, 300 injectors, 16.5 timing, Goerends Auto = 365HP, 833TQ Third Gen Rims, Aluminum Headache Rack
Duct Tape can't fix stupid, BUT it can muffle the sound

Last edited by stodg73; 09-16-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Skin & Style Created By: Mopar1973Man.Com
Copyright 2012 Diesel Truck Site