The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Old 12-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Default Snow Plow mode for 2008 and newer 6.7 cummins Rams

This was posted by silverram323 on another board so I copied it to share.

There is a snow plow mode you can activate.

Plow Snow Confidently With Your Ram HD.
As the weather begins to change, many Ram owners will start pulling out their snow plows. But your Ram may already come with built-in snow plow mode, a feature that will ensure maximum engine operation while operating in winter conditions. Snow plow mode allows the cooling system and fan to perform to their optimum capability when using a plow blade, which greatly affects the airflow around the front of the truck, ensuring that your engine temperature remains normal.
All Cummins-powered Ram Heavy Duty pickups and chassis cabs from model years 2008 and beyond are equipped with snow plow mode capability. Owners of 6.7L Turbo Diesel engines built prior to model year 2008 can receive the snow plow mode capability by requesting the J35 software flash update at your local dealership, if you haven't received this software update on your truck already.

If you have snow plow mode capability, here’s how to activate it:

1 Key on your truck without starting it.
2 Pull in the cruise control cancel switch and hold. While holding the cruise control cancel switch, push the exhaust brake switch twice. Then release the cruise control cancel switch.
3 Repeat Step 2 three more times for a total of four complete times to activate snow plow mode.

You will then hear two chimes, which confirm that snow plow mode has been activated. Your truck will remain in snow plow mode until you deactivate it. To deactivate it, follow the same series of steps above.
You will then hear four chimes, which confirm that snow plow mode has been deactivated. To avoid any risk of overheating, always be sure to activate snow plow mode on your truck while using your plow.

Be sure to remember to deactivate snow plow mode once you have finished plowing so that you can maintain fuel economy during normal driving.
The Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel is built to take on heavy snow, and is always ready to work when you need it. By activating snow plow mode, you can be confident that your Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel will deliver the best performance and reliability no matter the weather.
2011 Cummins Inc., Direct Marketing, Mail Code 60610, 500 Jackson Street, Columbus, IN 47201 U.S.A.

Source: http://www.cumminsnewsletters.com/td/td28_snow.html
Old 12-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Jeeper with a Tow Rig

Very interesting and neat!

My truck will never see a plow but it sure makes me wonder what other high tech things my truck can do. I've had it for almost a year and there are still some buttons I have yet to mess with!