The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Would be nice if it turned out to be something simple!!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 PM

It would be nice but its been 2 years, I've gotten numerous wiring diagrams from mopar1973man and i think we've tried everything simple
'98 1/2 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 24 valve, 6" stacks, AirDog I 150, Glowshift gauges (fuel press, EGT and boost, Trans temp gauge as well as Transgo shift kit to be installed soon. Other then that Im a stocker!!!.....FOR SALE
'04 Honda TRX450R fully pro built race quad (MX & TT set up) too much to list
Old 01-31-2013, 12:12 AM
Administrator

OK, Here are a couple of more suggestions. First, pull the middle plug on the PCM behind the air cleaner and look for any signs of corrosion and also examine the female end of the plug for a terminal that is not in the same place as the rest of them. Second, check the harness around the engine. Pay close attention to anywhere it looks even slightly rubbed on especially near the dipstick tube. The harness may look good, but there may be a place that got moisture into a wire and now has corroded and lost continuity. I fought one that would start with the key in the run position (only when wet out) for a long time before I found that one and it was a worn harness.
I have a feeling that once you find the problem you will wonder how you missed it.......
Old 01-31-2013, 05:07 AM

Ill check all the pins and plugs on both the pcm and ecm today and see if i can see anything odd
'98 1/2 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 24 valve, 6" stacks, AirDog I 150, Glowshift gauges (fuel press, EGT and boost, Trans temp gauge as well as Transgo shift kit to be installed soon. Other then that Im a stocker!!!.....FOR SALE
'04 Honda TRX450R fully pro built race quad (MX & TT set up) too much to list