The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Dodge Cummins Forum

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dripley View Post
Tom, I have seen that stated in several forums and maybe yall can help me understand this. If I have hot water going into a heater core and the heater is extracting heat and blowing into the cab, how can the water be the same temp going out as it is coming in? It seems to me that the water would be cooler exiting the heater core. If I had no heat in the cab I could see them being the same.
Actually, Dave it is fairly simple. What is going on is that there is such a volume of water flowing through the heater core that it has very little time to give up its heat. If you slow the water down then there will be a lot of time to transfer more of the heat to the air. Sounds goofy at first, but think about it and it should make sense.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:38 PM

I guess I always figured since i was getting heat(not near as much as before,but stil OK) ther had to be a differance in the temp on the lines. I have felt that when holding the lines.Cant tell you how much because I am working off of feel only. The temp control on the dash is either full on or off, no adjustment as before, which leads me to believe it is a blend door problem. But when you add it all up it is probably a problem with both. I hope to be able to pull the dash and jerk out the hvac box and rebuild it all. I have not ha ac due to a leak that i cant find. I am thinking i need to replace it all. The part are not that expensive. The info is aprreciated and i would agree with what your are saying. I think next time I am at the house i will blow out the heater core and see what happens. Nothing to loose.