The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > General Diesel Forum

Welcome to the forum!
When you register you will have access to our "Downloads" section and our "Lounge" forums!

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Forum If It Doesn't Fit In The Brand Forums

Old 02-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATOOM View Post
The government isn't in the business of making a profit so really that money generally goes to big houses, big bonuses, bigger pensions, and the occasional big parties with more illicit things going on than we can probably imagine.....
More than likely. Heaven forbid should they actually use the money for the betterment of the people....
Actually, they are using some for us. Look at the smoke that I can put out with my 12 valve compared to that of a newer truck.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
More than likely. Heaven forbid should they actually use the money for the betterment of the people....
Actually, they are using some for us. Look at the smoke that I can put out with my 12 valve compared to that of a newer truck.
If thats an indication of "some" then its very little..... How much money does it take to create a wildly restrictive emissions law and stick that regulation upon the engine manufacture to thus bear the burden for money to be spent on R&D in order to hopefully meet this guideline by set date? I certainly hope not $MILLIONS$. Thats not even accounting for the handouts, payoffs, and lobbying handshakes which all takes place before, during, and after the introduction of such erroneous regulatory action. Remember back a few years when you couldn't even purchase a new Duramax because GM/Isuzu hadn't met the new diesel emissions law standards yet?

This isnt me stating that I dont believe in "cleaner" combustion engines but just stating that there is FAR MORE too all which goes on with our legislative bodies to sit back and think that our gov is anything but Walt Disney like.
'01 2500 Sport 4x4 5spd, EZ, RV275's, 4" without muffler, no silencer ring, aFe intake, 2 lo kit, Isspro Boost, fuel pressure, and EGT all on pillar, Westach Transmission/Differential temp gauge in dash pod, Fast Coolers/exhaust blanket, Raptor 100 with big line kit, Pac Brake, Rancho 9000's, Custom Diesel steering box brace, 285's
Old 02-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Administrator

I doubt it is just a 'few' dollars that go into new rules from the EPA. I am not saying everything they do is good, but some of it is good for us. As far as the dollar figure, I have no idea how much goes where, but I am sure there is a bunch that goes to "administrative" duties just like any other government agency.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:03 PM

I'm sure you're more right than I am as I tend to be a little on the jaded side towards legislative constraints.
'01 2500 Sport 4x4 5spd, EZ, RV275's, 4" without muffler, no silencer ring, aFe intake, 2 lo kit, Isspro Boost, fuel pressure, and EGT all on pillar, Westach Transmission/Differential temp gauge in dash pod, Fast Coolers/exhaust blanket, Raptor 100 with big line kit, Pac Brake, Rancho 9000's, Custom Diesel steering box brace, 285's
Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATOOM View Post
I'm sure you're more right than I am as I tend to be a little on the jaded side towards legislative constraints.
I don't know if you could say one is more right that the other. We both agree that money is the answer to every thing the government gets involved in. What we need is just some common sense not going to extremes like some of the groups of people do..........
Besides, a good conversation is fun!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
I don't know if you could say one is more right that the other. We both agree that money is the answer to every thing the government gets involved in. What we need is just some common sense not going to extremes like some of the groups of people do..........
Besides, a good conversation is fun!
I agree with everything you just said and especially the last part.