The Diesel Truck Site  

Go Back   The Diesel Truck Site > Diesel Truck Forums > Ford Powerstroke Forum

Ford Powerstroke Forum Ford Powerstroke Forum

Old 05-14-2013, 03:30 PM

Well to be 100% honest. It started out as another companies kit. At first we had a few fit and function issues with the kit. That company did a very good job of trying to making it right. In the end it still wasn't something I liked nor did it work with out issues. So we made a lot of changes to make it right. I'm not going to name names or say what was wrong or what we changed. That company knows who they are and can contact me a any time. But in the end we do now offer a kit. And its a lot different than this one.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:43 PM

So are the pics that you posted of your kit or the "original" from the other company??
Old 05-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelingthesoot View Post
So are the pics that you posted of your kit or the "original" from the other company??
Be careful of where this is going.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:31 AM

The 6.7L cast is forged from compacted black lead iron-a 1st during this segment-by Tupy for reduced weight and exaggerated strength. Tupy additionally will the initial machining of the casting, referred to as super cubing, before shipping them to Ford. The block contains a deep-skirt style that eliminates the bedplate used on the vi.0L and 6.4L Power Stroke. The cross-bolted main bearing caps area unit made from nodular iron and hold the solid steel shaft in situ with six bolts every.

Mahle builds the solid connecting rods with cracked caps, however they're not fine-grained metal as we tend to had expected. The rods have their giant bearing journals clocked slightly (like the Cummins) so as to suit the massive finish within the deep-skirt block. The cast-aluminum pistons area unit created by Federal Mogul and use offset pins and one oil galley for cooling. The compression magnitude relation is sixteen.2:1, creating it under either the vi.6L Duramax, or 6.7L Cummins engines. The oil pan holds thirteen quarts of 15w-40 typical oil, that is 2 quarts but the older Power Strokes. The 6.7L is alleged to be one hundred sixty pounds lighter than this vi.4L, which means the engine can weigh quite the Duramax, however but the Cummins.
--------------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS
Old 02-07-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsdiesel View Post
We have found that the 6.7 powerstroke eats turbo's. So after replacing a few stock turbos just to see them blow up agine after a few thousand miles we decided to make a fix.

For those of you that haven't seen under the hood of a 6.7 powerstroke. This is what we started with.
Attachment 275

Here's a pic of the manifolds, turbo pedistal, and turbo in.
Attachment 276

This is the finished truck. Runs great. Still working on tuning to help spool it a little faster for the heavy haul type. Other than that its smoother, cleaner, and more powerfull than the stock set up.
Attachment 277
What mileages are you seeing the stock turbos go out? We have quite a few 6.7's in our fleet and to my knowledge we haven't seen any problems yet. Are the engines stock or have they been tuned or modified? I'm just curious because there is no way anyone could convince the company I work for to buy an aftermarket kit. We'll keep having to put factory turbo kits on them over and over until they sell the truck.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QCSB 2wd BHAF,Edge Comp, FASS 150, Big Line Kit, Draw Straw I, Crankcase Vent Mod, Revmax Signature Series 47re, Triple Disc Billet Torque Converter, Fuel, Boost, Pyro, & Trans Temp Gauges, Adjustable Boost Elbow, Stock 3" Straight Pipe, B&W Turnover Ball Gooseneck Hitch
31' Canyon Cat Travel Trailer, Fastway e2 Stabilizer Hitch.